I hope I could spend a month again (or basically the entire summer vacation) in the Bay Area next year *crosses fingers*. I know it’s too much but I really really REALLY love that :(
The 7 Stages Of Post-Travel Syndrome
Here’s a few things I’m certain about, in chronological order, that happen after the fun and games are over. Post-travel syndrome, if you may.
This post definitely hit me. Ever since we got back from the US, I’ve been relieving moments from our trip and been missing it every single damn day. I’ll go through it one by one if you may..
1. Reuniting with your life
- I was glad that I can use the bathroom longer and do my rituals one by one. To be honest, I haven’t spent 30 minutes in the bathroom when we were on our trip because we were always on the go and we got one so there’s no time. During our last week, I haven’t been able to sleep comfortably because I was sleeping on the couch most of the time so when I got to sleep on my on bed, I felt relieved.
- The first day since we got back, I was feeling a bit strange because first, it was hot. I tell you, heat in LA compared to the Philippines is sooo different. I was not used to this humid heat weather of the PI for the last month. I was irritated, tbh. I transferred our pics from my DSLR to my laptop and checked our photos and can’t help but think that this trip really did happened. It wasn’t a dream or anything. I was constantly checking our pictures and even made a video of it. Crazy, I know!
3. Rock Bottom
- I’ve been constantly telling my friends and nephews that I miss the Bay Area so much that I wanna go back, asap. That I miss the cold & chilly weather of Bay Area, the laid back aura of it and the simple and chill life of Northern California. The ease to buy the things you always read and see on the internet, and so on. I want to fast forward the days and be summer again. And then it hit me— reality.
- Hanging in the house, going somewhere doesn’t appeal to me anymore. I’ve been reading my past tweets since we were on our trip and looking back at those days when were always out and traveling. Watching NBA wasn’t exciting anymore because you watch it during mornings, not afternoon or night. Everything gets less exciting.
- I can always go back to US if I have a job and is earning money. The problem is, I don’t work, I’m still in school. So how on Earth am I going to support myself next year? I just don’t know.. The only think that I can think of is to do well this school year for a reward.
6. Moving forward with higher standards
- I don’t know but, I start comparing things from the US (more so in California) and here in the Philippines. I totally understand why my friends complain and always compare the way of life in the US and here. I know it’s wrong but I just can’t stop comparing :| Then it hits me again, "you are in the Philippines, not in the States. You can’t do anything about it."
All of a sudden, the mundane life and the simple things that came along with it you once thought you appreciated, no longer can make you happy.
- This is SO true.
I’m still between #5 and #6.. I’m still on the process of the PTS (Post-travel syndrome) of mine. And I don’t think it will disappear soon.
What I like in the Philippines:
- My skin doesn’t dry as much unlike in Nevada.
What I don’t like in the Philippines:
- It’s damn freaking hot. You just sit and do absolutely nothing, you already sweat like a pig.
- The sun sets early.
- Can I say it’s hot again?
It’s 2:1.. Do you see my problem?
"I am thankful to all those people who are happy for me.."
And that includes my family. I kinda feel bad because I don’t show that I am happy on the outside when in fact I truly am. I’ve been upfront about the fact that I am not good in expressing my feelings, it may show that I’m not appreciative to those things people are giving me. Don’t get me wrong, I say ‘thank you’ when people help me lol
It’s been sort of a rocky month since the school year ended. I’ve been in the dumps since April started. I realize that I should stop moping around and be thankful to all those blessings God is giving me. There’s no point of being sad because something bad happened in the past or something, just be thankful that you’ve passed that road, be happy.
I don’t know.. I feel like typing these thoughts & realizations tonight lol I need to release the tension that’s been keeping me off these past weeks. I am seriously tired from all of these, need it to let go *Frozen’s Let It Go plays*. I’m also thankful that my family is happy for me, for whatever their reasons are. I am the only one that is not accepting the fact the they are.
So, by tomorrow. I’ll be flying somewhere across the globe. I will take this chance to clear my head off and start a real vacation. All of these will not be possible without God giving me the chance to.
First of all, game 3 of the UAAP basketball mens senior was dksfjskdfhsjdk. My heart was pounding in the last seconds of the game. Congratulations to the DLSU community for winning the championship this season! It was a very good season to be honest.
I feel coach Pido’s exasperation over that last seconds of the game before going to an OT. If Aljon passed the ball to Jeric, he could have had a buzzer beater shot, winning the title.. but I guess everything happens for a reason. I’m still sad for the Tigers especially Jeric. He went through a lot this season (half missing the games before the semis because of his injury). I know how badly he wanted to leave UST having that championship. Again, I believe everything happens for a reason. UST proved themselves this season though. Barely getting into the final 4, knocking out the number 1 team (NU) for the first time in UAAP history.. that’s a lot! I just don’t want to see another crying picture of Jeric spreading online.. it makes me sad :( (affected lang? XD). It’s just that.. nakaka-sad naman talaga! It’s his last year eh! But you know, their brotherly love (with Jeron) is really something. It was tugging to see them hugging each other at the end of the game.
Okay so enough with the UAAP season! It’s our last week (technically) and I can’t wait to go on break even though we only have 2 weeks of freedom before another sem kicks in. So much stuff to do: reunite with my friends in Manila, hitting the gym, tv show marathon, and read books! I don’t think I can finish all of that in a span of 2 weeks. But, whatever!